Why we exist: To Love the Lord and love our neighbor. Matthew 22:36-39
Vision: To share Jesus
- With those who don’t know Jesus, we will introduce Him
- With those who know about Jesus, we will invite them into relationship with Him
- With those who know Jesus, we will imitate Him
Mission: We share Jesus by Lifting, Growing, Reaching, and Connecting.
Lift - Worship
Our hope is that through a church of New Hope, we can help LIFT your heart to God through praise. Our worship goal is to inspire you to think about God every day of your life and give him thanks and praise. One type of worship occurs each Sunday morning publicly. As we worship, we want each person to feel special as Jesus would make them feel. Guests will be a priority, just like they are in our homes.
- We will meet on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am.
- We will make the children a priority. We will provide age-appropriate connections to Jesus.
- We will encourage everyone to make worship part of daily life.
Grow - discipleship
We will help you GROW in your relationship with Christ. We take the biblical command to make disciples seriously. Discipleship involves many methods of teaching, training, mentoring and living like Jesus every day. We believe in a special tool called “The Journey” which is a weekly study over 9 months that helps create a close relationship with Jesus and a fruitful life. John 15:5
- We will encourage everyone to be a part of a small group.
- We will offer various teaching and training opportunities.
- We will offer discipleship journeys.
- We will practice mentoring. We don’t follow Jesus alone.
Reach - mission
There is a natural fruit from knowing Jesus that we define as REACH. As a spiritual community, we will reach into our world of influence and reproduce what God has done and is doing in us. This is a mission that will require our church family to work together and live daily like Jesus.
- We will emphasize visitors who join us.
- We will practice “natural” evangelism (not forced evangelism) by allowing each person to use their unique gifts and passions to share Jesus. Each person is needed and a vital part of carrying out Christ's mission. We are one body with many parts. 1 Corinthians 12
- We will REACH the known community. We will provide opportunities for members to “invest and invite” those they already know. In addition to providing worship services on Sundays, we will host events and activities meant to help connect people to the church.
- We will REACH the unknown community. We will serve our community, especially those who are hurting and struggling. We will respond to those whom we are led to by God.
Connect - Fellowship
These areas of sharing Jesus are encircled by CONNECT. We are the Body of Christ and Jesus prayed that we would connect in fellowship and be in unity. We are better together and we can accomplish more when we do it together. We need each other and we want a church of New Hope to be your place of connection.
- We will provide small groups.
- We will offer Sunday meals.
- We will offer food and fun activities to help connect.
leadership of the spirit
While we believe in everything written above, the most important factor is the guiding of the Spirit. He is looking at our hearts. When we put the car in gear, He will lead. As we set off on our ‘missionary journey,’ the Spirit will guide us in the right direction. Acts 16:6-10