Are you at the end of your rope? Are you living life at full speed and find yourself running on empty? Our world and culture tell us to push harder and go faster. Where does this leave us?
How do we adopt God's rhythm of life?
At a church of New Hope we are practicing Sabbath on Sunday, October 29th. There will be no Sunday services at the church building, and all are encouraged to practice rest.
Learning to rest can be difficult. We'd like to offer some suggestions for practicing Sabbath. Take or leave the suggestions that fit you and your family.
1. Find activities that refresh.
- Take a walk outside
- Sit outside and enjoy the beauty of the changing seasons
- Take a nap
- Read a book you love
- Enjoy a good meal with family or friends and don't stress about the clean up
- Disconnect from technology and connect with the people next to you
2. Move into environments that refuel.
- Silence the "noise" around you and enjoy some quiet time
- Play a game with your family and enjoy laughing and making memories together
- Listen to music you love
- Read a passage of the Bible out loud with someone and talk about how it speaks to you
- Watch a video on RightNow Media https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Login