Lessons to study
Want to provide you with some lessons and the tools to help as you start changing your life, thoughts and love for others. Small lessons that gives you the scriptures, for you to read and study. Some that will give you questions to ask as you read through a chapter.
12 CHARACTERISTICS OF A POSITIVE CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE
We are created to bring God Pleasure - Revelation 4:11
We are to bring God glory in the church - Ephesians 3:21
We are to live like Christ daily - 1 Peter 1:16-17
We are intended to worship God - John 4:24
We are to recognize our responsibility - Romans 1:14-16
We are to put the kingdom first in our lives - Matthew 6:33
We are to do good unto all people - Galatians 6:10
We are to maintain the attitude of Christ in every situation - Philippians 2:5-8
We are to bear fruit - John 15:1-5
We are commissioned to be faithful stewards - 1 Corinthians 4:2-3
We are to take our calling seriously - Ephesians 4:1-2
We must think right to live right - Philippians 4:8
Book of Matthew
Matthew - Chapter 1 Questions
Why begin with
If Joseph is not Jesus’ blood, is the genealogy valid? Why not use Mary’s genealogy?
Are there any names that stand ou to you in the genealogy? Why?
Who was Mary’s baby’s daddy?
What is putting away? Vs. 19
Why would the angel choose a dream to speak to Joseph?
Why would Joseph believe a dream?
Matthew - Chapter 2 Questions
How did Herod know it was the Christ? Why was he threatened?
House? I thought it was a manger? Vs. 11
What are frankincense and myrrh?
Who warned the “Wise men” in their dreams?
Why would you flee to Egypt, if your people had to escape from there?
Why did they come back and settle in Nazareth?
Matthew - Chapter 3 Questions
Who is John the Baptist? What was he preaching?
What do we know about repentance?
Where is John’s kingdom he is speaking of? Is it different than the kingdom Jesus taught about?
Baptism of John. Why were the Jews being baptized?
5. How were John’s and Jesus baptism’s different?
6. Why did Jesus need baptism?
Matthew - Chapter 8 Questions
Is there any significance to Jesus healing leprosy?
Why tell no one but the priests?
Healing, Servant’s, mother-in-law, other, what was he really doing?
Why did Jesus want to avoid this crowd?
Jesus power is only strong when he is awake?
Are the winds being calmed what are we suppose to see in this story?
What should we do with demons and do they exist today?
Matthew Chapter 10 - Questions
1. What did Jesus give to the called? Who are the called today? (Rom. 8:28)
2. Why twelve?
3. Why did they not go to the gentiles? What were there marching orders?
4. Why do we always have to be the sheep in “Wolves and Sheep”?
5. You are Hated!!
6. What is “Fear of God”?
7. Water, what a conduit.
Matthew Chapter 12 - Questions
1. What is the Sabbath? How do we observe the Sabbath today in a Christian world?
2. “I desire mercy and not sacrifice” 1 Sam. 15: 22,23, Hos. 6:6, Mic. 6:6,8, Matt. 9:13.
3. Do we REALLY understand what God wants in relation to the Sabbath?
4. Is it lawful to work on Sunday’s?
5. Why did Jesus run from conflict? Is this how we should be?
6. How is prophecy fulfilled in your life today? Or, is it?
7. If a Republican and a Democrat live in the same house, is it unified or divided?
8. What is unpardonable?
9. How many different trees are in your orchard?
10. What happens with demons?
11. Who was Jesus’ family?
Matthew Chapter 14 - Questions
1. Why would Herod think Jesus is John the Baptist?
2. What significance is there with Herod thinking John has come back from the dead?
3. Was there truly compassion in Herod’s heart?
4. Jesus needed to be alone.
5. Why did the disciples want to send people away? Is there any resemblance to this in churches today?
6. “If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat”. How does this speak to you?
7. Are there miracles we need to plan on today?
8. Did people just want to see Jesus because he could heal the sick?
Matthew Chapter 15 - Questions
1. Why would someone not want to wash their hands before they eat?
2. Tom, was opposed to church tradition. why? Is he right or wrong? Where is tradition in the church today?
3. What is defiling?
4. What defiles man?
5. How are the disciples lower than little dogs?
6. The people of Galilee were marveled at the healings. What do we marvel at today?
7. Feeding folks again. How many times does Jesus feed the crowds? What is so special about food?
Matthew Chapter 17 - Questions
1. Why did Jesus change form? What was the reasoning for the mountain climb?
2. Peter felt the need to build 3 temples or shrines, why? Was there fear on this journey?
3. Jesus on several occasions used the phrase, “tell no one”, is this what he really meant? explain
4. Is there anyone or anything that we don’t recognize today?
5. What weakness in faith does Jesus want us to grasp?
6. “I am going to die”!
7. Pay your taxes. Who will provide the payment? Are taxes fair?
Matthew Chapter 18 - Questions
1. What child are you nurturing?
2. We can never achieve greatness our way!
3. Woe to temptation. Is Jesus removing temptation?
4. Why do we still have both our hands and eyes?
5. What do we need to take away from the parable of the one sheep?
6. Why am I supposed to go to my brother? What is the sin Jesus is mentioning?
7. Seventy times seven, we understand this, right?
Matthew Chapter 22 - Questions
1. Why does everyone who is invited to the wedding not attend?
2. How does a wedding relate to the earthly kingdom? Heavenly kingdom?
3. What is the significance of a wedding garment? When should it be worn?
4. When the Pharisees are trying to trap Jesus with the subject of taxes, what do they say about “Man’s opinions”?
5. In relation to the coin, are there other things in this world that we could look at in the same way “whose picture is on it”?
6. Why did the Sadducees not understand the resurrection of the dead? What is “God of the Living”?
7. What is the greatest commandment and why?
8. Do we recognize the Son of God?
Matthew Chapter 23 - Questions
1. Jesus says, do as preachers say, not as they do, right?
2. What are the seven woes?
3. What is lamenting? Do we lament today?
Matthew Chapter 24 - Questions
1. Why did the stones of the Temple need to be disbursed? Is there another time or instance that parallels this type of disbursement?
2. What is the warning of Many will come in my Name?
3. Is there any of this warning taking place in today's world? What are some examples?
4. What is Spiritual Endurance?
5. The Great Tribulation, what is it?
6. What will the second coming of Christ be like?
7. Didn't we already have the parable of the fig tree?
8. No One Knows!
9. Explain the Faithful Servant vs. the Evil Servant.
Matthew Chapter 25 - Questions
1. How is the Kingdom of Heaven comparable to Ten Virgins?
2. What is the message or messages we can glean from:
* Ten, five wise +five foolish
* Delayed Bridegroom
* Trimming your lamp
* No compassion from the wise
* Denial of entrance
3. How is the Kingdom of Heaven comparable to Man?
4. What are talents? How do we describe them today?
5. What does God ask of us and our Talents today?
6. Could we really be labeled for not using Talents? What could be the end result?
7. When is Jesus coming in glory? I thought this was him speaking?
8. What are the traits that will be judged? Will we always see the judging?
9. Stranger!! Stranger!!
Matthew Chapter 26 - Questions
1. Who was plotting to kill Jesus:
a. Chief Priests
2. Who were the plotters afraid of if an uproar arose:
3. Why were the disciples indignant with the woman anointing Jesus:
a. Jesus did not need a bath
b. They wanted the money
c. They thought it could have been used more wisely
4. Are we to opinionated today, about what others do?
5. Could Judas have named his price?
6. Did Jesus condemn his betrayer?(read Matt. 10:28) How does this relate to the betrayal?
7. What instructions did Jesus give us about the Bread and the Wine?
8. Which cup of wine did Jesus dip the bread into: (John 13:26)
a. Cup 1 “I will bring out”
b. Cup 2 “I will deliver”
c. Cup 3 “I will redeem”
d. Cup 4 “I will take”
9. Did Jesus institute anything?
10. What is the new covenant?
11. How did all of the disciples stumble that night:
a. Drank to much wine
b. Cursed before the Lord
c. Murdered someone
12. Why is it Peter’s denial that is mentioned?
13. Peter knows himself better than Jesus, true or false?
14. You know yourself better than God, true or false?
15. The Prayer in the Garden, what do you get from that?
16. What is the true betrayal of Jesus? Is it more than one thing or one man?
17. The Arrest
a. The kiss
c. Cut off ear
d. The sword
e. The crowd with swords and clubs
f. Fulfillment of scripture
g. Disciples fleeing
18. The Sanhedrin
a. Who is Caiaphas
b. Why did Peter follow
c. False witness
d. Torn clothes
e. What did Jesus say that they said was blasphemy?
19. Peter’s denial
Matthew Chapter 27 - Questions
1. Which day of the week is the morning on?
2. Who is Pontius Pilate?
3. How did Judas see he had been condemned?
4. Does Judas’ confession mean anything?
5. What is Jeremiah’s prophecy?
6. Was there any reason Jesus would not say “He is the King of the Jews”?
7. Why did Jesus not defend himself?
8. Please share your insights to the verdict and things leading up to the verdict.
9. Is there any significance of the soldiers mocking Jesus vs. anyone else at the crucifixion?
10. Would you carry Jesus’ cross if asked?
11. Why sour wine?
12. What were the soldiers and other people looking for Jesus to do, off the cross?
13. At what time of day did Jesus die? What is the significance of giving up his spirit?
14. Did God Forsake Jesus?
15. Why was the Temple veil torn?
16. What graves were opened and why?
17. Realization set in!
18. What did the Jews ask of Pilate that may have been in conflict with their laws after Jesus death?
19. Why were the Jewish leaders afraid of Jesus rising?
Book of Galatians
Intro to Galatians
1. What is Galatia?
2. When was it written?
3. Who was it written to? Who wrote it?
4. What is its theme and why?
5. What are the Epistles and how do they interact?
6. What is the theme of Galatians and what are some of the key words?
7. What do you want to get out of Galatians?
Galatians Chapter 1 - Questions
1. Paul uses “greetings and salutations” with most of his writings, why?
2. What are the Galatians turning from?
3. What is Gospel?
4. Where does Gospel come from?
5. When was Paul being cultivated for his calling?
6. Where was Paul called to go?
7. Why called to go where he went?
Galatians Chapter 2 - Questions
1. What was the purpose of Paul’s covert mission that began in ch. 1 and is continuing into ch. 2?
2. What does it mean “to be something”?
3. Two different Gospels, The Gospel of Circumcision and the Gospel of Un-Circumcised. Explain.
4. What is the Left hand of fellowship?
5. What was wrong with Peter? How did Paul handle it?
Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [a]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
How does this verse touch your heart?
Galatians Chapter 3 - Questions
What makes the Galatians foolish?
Galatians 3:2-5 - vs. 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? vs. 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? vs. 4 Have you suffered so [c]many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? vs. 5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—
1. How does this verse touch your heart?
2. Who are sons of Abraham and why would that be important?
3. What is the problem the Galatians are having with the law?
4. If you are under the law, what kind of blessing do you receive?
5. “I am in the will.” So what?
6. What was the law Tutor to?
7. What makes you Christ’s?
Galatians Chapter 4 - Questions
1. What is the "fullness of time"? Is there any other time?
2. How well do you grasp, you are God's son?
3. What is observing "days, months, seasons and years"? Galatians 4:19 - My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you. How does this verse touch your heart?
4. How does the bondage of Hagar differ from the promise of Sarah?
5. What is flesh vs. spirit?
6. What do we do with the bondwoman today and who is it?
Galatians Chapter 5 - Questions
Galatians 5:1 - Stand[a] fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. How does this verse touch your heart?
1. Have the Galatians fallen from Grace? How?
2. How do love and liberty mix well?
3. How is the law fulfilled? What is the one word?
4.What is walking in the Spirit? How do we get the Spirit?
5. Let's talk about the works of the flesh vs. the works of the Spirit.
6. What significance is there to crucifying the flesh?
What do we do with the bondwoman today and who is it? Galatians 5:25,26 -- 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians Chapter 6 - Questions
Galatians 6:2 - Bear one anothers burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
How does this verse touch your heart?
1. What am I suppose to think "of myself"?
2. How does examining ourselves make us rejoice?
3. How is life supposed to be a farm?
4. What was the theme of theme's of Galatians?
5. Did you have any Aha moments?
6. Justified by Faith, what does it mean to you?
Book of Ephesians
Intro to Ephesians
1. What do you know about Ephesus?
Is it still standing today?
What was it known for?
2. When was it written?
3. Who was it written by and to whom?
4. What is it’s theme and why?
5. Is there anything new you want to get from Ephesians?
Ephesians Chapter 1 - Questions
1. Paul writes to “the Saints who are in Ephesus”. What is the significance of “the Saints”?
2. Are we blessed with “every spiritual blessing” or is this something that was just for the Ephesians?
3. What is your understanding of being pre-destined?
4. Redemption, forgiveness and riches. What else do we need in life?
5. Do you know the mystery of His will?
6. What is Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians and why?
7. Vs 21 - far above all principality[a] and [b]power and [c]might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
What does this verse mean?
Ephesians Chapter 2 - Questions
1. Paul writes to “and you he made alive”. What is alive? Are we ever dead again?
2. What does God share with us, to continually redeem us?
Vs. 8, 9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
What do you think?
3. What circumcises all Gentile Christians?
4. Why and how is Jesus our peace? Do we understand this peace enough to always live in it?
5. Why is it significant to be a part of the house that Jesus built?
6. What does it mean that we are still being built?
Ephesians Chapter 3 - Questions
1. We talked last week about mystery, what does Paul reveal about mystery in this chapter?
2. What is the dispensation of “the grace of God”?
3. Who reveals the mystery?
4. What is a covenant of salvation?
5. What is the purpose of the mystery laid out in vs 8 – 13?
6. Vs 16 - that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
7. What is the significance of Paul bowing his knees?
8. How or can we be filled with the fullness of God?
Ephesians Chapter 4 - Questions
1. What are you called to do?
2. What are the 5 characteristics of unity?
3. What was given to us all?
4. Vs. 11-13 -Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. 12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. 13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.?
5. How should a Christians walk be different?
6. What is “grieving the Spirit”?
Ephesians Chapter 5 - Questions
1. Can we really imitate God? How?
2. Who does not have inheritance from God?
3. What does it mean to have now fellowship with the unfruitful?
4. Vs. 22 –Wives Submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
5. How much should a Husband love his subjective wife?
6. How does the wife and husband relate to the church?
Ephesians Chapter 6 - Questions
1. Vs. 1 – children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right.
2. What is a bond servant and how does it relate to today?
3. Put on the whole armor of God. Why?
Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Shod with Peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
4. What does it mean to pray in the Spirit?
5. Four Truths you should Glean from Ephesians
I. Growth in Godliness
II. Cultivation of Dynamic Devotion
III. Pursuit of Holiness
IV. The Walk of Faith