what we believe
- There is one God, eternally existing in three co-equal Persons. Romans 8; Ephesians1:13-14
- God, out of love for his children, sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins, and to rise from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the final authority in life and doctrine. 2Timothy 3:16
- Salvation is a free gift of God. The death of Christ on the cross is the only sufficient payment for our sins. All have sinned, but all can be saved. This salvation is available for any who put their trust in Christ as Savior. Romans 3:23, 6:23; John 3:16
- Those trusting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized. Romans10:9; Acts 2:38
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to continue the task of reaching the lost and discipling the saved, helping them become fully devoted followers of Christ. Ephesians 4:1-16
- Christ will one day return and reign forever. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- When we die, we will either be eternally separated from God by sin or eternally with God through faith in Jesus. John 3:16; John 14:1-3; Romans 20:10,15
Our core values
We value the gospel. The good news about Jesus’ life, death and resurrection is the focus of our mission. It’s all about Jesus, it’s all for Jesus, and Jesus gets all the credit.
We value the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives. We are all baptized by one Spirit. We actively seek and expect the Holy Spirit’s guidance, direction and empowerment.
We value the Word of God. We read it, meditate on it, teach it, and apply it to our lives by embracing Biblical values as a lifestyle.
We value worship. Intimate and passionate worship fuels what we do, and it sensitizes us to God’s power and presence. It’s our highest calling. The Lover of our souls delights in our delight of Him.
We value prayer. Like worship, prayer is an important part of our relationship with Jesus. We believe that prayer changes things. We embrace the Biblical reality that spiritual warfare is the context of our lives. Prayer is a powerful spiritual resource in our battle to advance the Kingdom.
We value people. We believe all people matter to God. We believe that we are especially called to care for the hurting, the broken, the poor, and the marginalized. We are a healing community.
We value authentic Christ-centered relationships. We are relationship driven in every area of ministry. We share life through Christ-centered small groups. We have a relational approach to evangelism and discipleship.
We value the great commission. We work to make disciples both locally and globally, from every race and culture. We send out workers and plant churches so that “the Lamb who was slain will receive the reward for His suffering.”
We value unity. Within the bounds of historic Christianity, we will focus on the Savior who unites us and the essential truths of scripture rather than smaller issues that divide us.
We value team. Two are always better than one. Teams provide encouragement, accountability, and increased effectiveness. God calls every believer to serve, and gives them gifts to use, therefore we release people to serve in teams. We’re all called to serve, so we serve together.
We value generosity. We embrace sacrificial living and generous giving as a way of life. We leverage our time, talents, influence, and financial resources for Christ’s Kingdom.